UMHCA is the organization for professional counselors in Utah. We are the authorized state chapter of the American Mental Health Counselors Association (AMHCA)! Benefits of UMHCA membership include:
- Reduced fee at our annual conference, which provides opportunities for professional networking and low-cost NBCC-certified CEUs.
- Access to free, confidential ethics consultations.
- Advocacy for profession through our Public Policy and Legislation subcommittee.
- A web site to publicize our profession in the state.
- A free listing (fully-licensed professionals only) in our Counselor Directory, available for the public to search.
- A "members-only" section of our web site with listings for profession-related jobs, trainings, and events.
- Support for counseling graduate students at regional and national conferences.
Join AMHCA and UMHCA (For Professional Members Only)
UMHCA has joined with AMHCA to offer a “unified dues” program. Members choosing to take advantage of this pro-gram will be able to conveniently join both AMHCA and UMHCA online, at a 20% discount! In addition, you will receive the benefits of both organizations (see https://www.amhca.org/become/benefits.aspx). One major AMHCA benefit is professional liability insurance plans at low “members-only” rates. To join both, select the Utah “Unified Dues” option at: https://www.amhca.org/members/renew.aspx
NOTE: If you join UMHCA online via the AMHCA unified dues program, it is not necessary to renew your membership on this website, nor is it necessary to remit your dues directly to UMHCA. AMHCA will coordinate everything.