July 14th Agenda

13 Jul 2018 11:14 PM | Julie Tucker (Administrator)

July 14 2018 Agenda


  I.          Call to Order by Secretary

II.          Welcome to ALL in attendance By Secretary.

  1. Welcome those in attendance through Webinar.
  2. Recognition of ALL Board members in attendance
  • Julie Tucker, CMHC, President
  • Uma Dorn, Ph.D., Vice President, EXEC Chair
  • Dennis Tucker, LCSW, Secretary
  • Jason Wagner, CMHC, Treasurer
  • Paul Callister, Past President
  • Gray Otis, Ph.d., CMHC, Presidential Advisor
Board Members
  • Ellen Behrens, Ph.D. AND/OR Kristne Erskine, ED.D., CMHC, ECG's Chair
  • Jim Macedone, Proxy vote Julie as PRMM chair
  • Scott Carter, CMHC, Board member, LPPC chair
  • PPAC CHAIR, Empty
  • Berta Rodriquez Diaz, GBAB Chair
3. List of Voting Members who are Absent.

III.          Secretary - Call to Ratify Notes from June

  1. Secretary to call for motion to ratify meeting notes from last month.
  2. Secretary to give the floor to the President.
IV.          Discussion on Administrative Organization of UMHCA and Instruction by Julie Tucker, President
  1. 501(c) appropriate inurements. Call for a discussion of items the board would like to see as inurement for Voting Board Members.
  2. Brain storm on what benefits Board members would like to see offered for the Voting members, committee members & conditions on said benefits.  
  3. Send to Executive Committee to set for Vote in August.

V. Order of Business

  1. Governing Board Report & Votes - Julie Tucker
    1. Changes in Bylaws - no changes this month.
    2. Submission of Nominations for PPAC (Professional Partnership & Associations Committee); 
      1. Sandi Williams, LMFT was Nominated by Jim, PRMM chair
      2. If no chair this month, President will ask to assign a temporary Chair and committe members to begin the organization of the PPAC.
      3. Presidential Advisor & Past President to be assigned this committee as part of their responsibilities and to be placed into the Bylaws.
      4. Items currently falling under the PPAC;
        1. Trauma Awareness issues/group and UMHCA's stance with these issues;
        2. Dave Wilde/Chronic Pain, opioid crises and how UMHCA might integrate as a group with DOPL
        3. DOPL board and DOPL board meetings
        4. Trisha Barras and Insurance panels dealing with Opioid panels and insurance companies
        5. NBFE and other partners of UMHCA, we have a conference coming up, do we want to have our partners participate for Forensics (We could also look at any other group we feel are adjuncts for Forensics ie AFCC & the group Candice is a part of)
        6. HIPPA Compliance
        7. Insurance Company panels
        8. Workforce Services Committee.
        9. Film Industry for educational video.
        10. Issues surrounding those in private practice.
    3. PRMM Committee Chair Replacement.
      1. Julie Tucker to step down as the PRMM, would like to ask if any of the chairs would be willing to endorse, Trevor Earl as the new PRMM Chair.
    4. Removal of Berta Rodriguez Diaz as GBAB
      1.  Berta has missed May & June meetings and reports she will not be able to be to the meetings for the next 3 months.
        1. Voice of the Associate Mental Health Therapist
        2. Create and keep up to date the FAQ on the website
        3. Run open Blog for questions asked by our members
        4. Would like to see a monthly open forum for members of 1 hour in which members could ask questions to a mini panel (perhaps we offer 1 CE every month for those attending)
        5. Bring to attention to the board any and all issues current Associate Mental Health Therapists are facing with billing, supervisory issues, unfair practices by employers etc.
      2. Bylaws/Roberts rules state that voting members must attend 80% of the meetings. 
        1. Can attend through Proxy.
        2. Need a member who can run this committee.
        3. See the committee as a the voice of the Associate Mental Health Therapist.
        4. Any suggestions for replacement. (Terri, Becca? perhaps co-chairs). 
        5. If no nomination, President to make requests and assign temporary chairs and committee members.
    5. Jason Wagner, Treasurer Report on Income and Expenses
      1. Paypal progress & transaction fees.
    1. Budgets for Year End Needed by June meeting
      1. PRMM committee to resubmit budget.
      2. ECGS committee budget?
      3. EXEC budget discussion.
        1. AMHCA 2019.
        2. Membership Drives?
    2. Volunteer Update
      1. Jenaveve Tucker
  2.  Legislative & Public Policy Committee. (LPPC)
    1. Update of progress.
    2. Items for vote.
  3.  Education, Conference, & Graduate Student Committee (ECGS)
    1. Update of progress
    2. Items for vote.
  4. Public Relations, Marketing & Membership Committee (PRMM)
    1. Update of progress
    2. Items for vote.
  5. Executive Committee (EXEC)
    1. To begin monthly meetings.

VI. Changes to be done to the Bylaws for vote for next month.

  1. Any changes determined by this meeting that are necessary to clarify committee responsibilities, committee chair responsibilities, or clarification for the Bylaws, etc.

VII. Other Potential UMHCA Issues

  1. Open to floor for discussion
  2. Any issues not already discussed above.
VIII. Secretary to Close the meeting.

Utah Mental Health Counselors Association is Utah's hub for enhancing the profession of mental health counselors. 
UMHCA is a 501(c)6 organization.
© 2019 UHMCA Policies • Privacy • Site Map

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software