Agenda Topics


  • 7 Dec 2018 11:07 AM | Julie Tucker (Administrator)

    December 8 2018 Agenda

    Start: 
    End: 

      I.          Call to Order by Secretary

    II.          Welcome to ALL in attendance By Secretary.

    1. Welcome those in attendance through Webinar.
    2. Recognition of ALL Board members in attendance
    Governing Officers
    • Julie Tucker, LCMHC, President
    • Vacant, Vice President & EXEC Chair
    • Terri Goldstein, ACMHC, Secretary
    • Dennis Tucker, LCSW, Treasurer & GBAB Chair
    Board Members
    • Ellen Behrens, Phd, Education & Conference Chair
    • Sandi William, LMFT, PPAC Chair
    • Trevor Earl, LCMHC PRMM Chair
    • Scott Carter, LCMHC, LPPC Chair
    • Gray Otis, LCMHC, Presidential Advisor
    • Paul Callister, Past President, Graduate Student Chair
    List of Voting Members who are Absent.
    • Here -Julie Tucker, LCMHC, President
    • Vice President & EXEC Chair*
    • Here -Dennis Tucker, LCSW Treasurer & GBAB Chair
    • Here - Terri Goldstein, ACMHC, Secretary
    • Absent - Gray Otis, LCMHC, Presidential Advisor & PPAC Chair 
    • Here - Paul Callister, Past President, Graduate Student Chair
    • Here - Ellen Behrens, Ph.D., Education & Conference Chair
    • Absent - Trevor Earl, LCMHC, PRMM Chair
    • Here - Scott Carter, LCMHC, LPPC Chair
    Do we have a Quorum, 5 voting members in attendance? YES

    III.          Secretary - Call to Ratify Notes from November

    1. Secretary to call for motion to ratify meeting notes from last month.
    2. Secretary to give the floor to the President.
    3. Meeting Called to Order
    IV.  Unfinished Business from Last Month.
    1. None

    V. Committee Updates/Votes
    1. Executive Committee
      1. New Projects or Concerns
      2. Update on Current Projects
      3. Items for Vote
      4. Budget Changes
      5. Suggestions from Board.
    2. Legislative & Public Policy Committee. (LPPC)
      1. New Projects
      2. Update of progress.
      3. Items for vote.
      4. Budget Changes
      5. Suggestions from Board.
    3.  Education & Conference Committee (EACC)
      1. New Projects .  None
      2. Update of progress
      3. Meetings will be rescheduled to 8:30 PM on the 1st Wednesday of each month.  Meetings will be held on Gotomeeting
      4. DOPL list:  Ellen will order DOPL email lists for CMHCs and LMFTs in order to "Save the date” and disseminate the Call for Proposals.  Content below:
      • Save the Date for The Utah Mental Health Counselors Association’s Annual Conference! 
      • Friday, March 15,  8:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M. and Saturday, March 16, 8:00 A.M.-noon
      • At the University of Utah (Location TBD)
      • Offering up to 10.5 continuing Education credits for CMHCs, LMFTs, and LCSWs (applications pending)
      • Sessions will cover a variety of topics.
      • We will have the following tracks:  Counseling Ethics, Suicide Intervention, and Clinical Approaches. 
      • Registration and Program information will be posted in January.

      • Submit a Proposal to present at the Annual Conference
      • Share your expertise and interests with your clinical mental counselor colleagues.
      • Consider submitting a proposal for a panel, didactic, or clinical demonstration session.
      • Priority will be given to presentations that focus on Ethics, Suicide Intervention/Management/Postvention, and Clinical Approaches (e.g., EFT, EMDR, MBSR, etc.)
      • Presenters’ receive 50% off registration fees.
    •     Annual Conference
      • a.       March 15 (8-4:30 ) and March 16 (8-noon)
      • b.       10.5 CEs. 
      • c.       At Univ of Utah location TBD
      •     i.      Estimate for Library location is about $1,000 for 4 rooms and AV
      • d.       Tracks:  Ethics, Suicide Intervention, and Clinical Approaches
      • e.       Lunch will be catered
      • f.        Keynote:  Dr. Gray Otis
      • g.       Will apply for MFT and NASW CE approval
      • h.       Sessions:  Panel, Didactic, Clinical Demonstrations
      • i.         Committee will invite speakers by the end of January:
                                                                   i.      Dr Sandor and panel:  Case interpretation from 3 different theories (ACT, Feminsim, and Psychodynamic)(Ellen will invite)
                                                                 ii.      Dr. Behrens:  Suicide Intervention
                                                               iii.      Dr. Behrens and Grad Students from various Universities:  Group Toolkits
                                                               iv.      Vicky Overfelt, MA, Mindfullness Based Stress Reduction (Ellen will invite)
                                                                 v.      EFT intro and demo (Paul Callister will invite presenters)
                                                               vi.      The Guild (Jordan will invite presenters)
                                                              vii.      Trust Based Relational Intervention (TBRI) (Jordan will invite speakers)
                                                            viii.      Anna Leiber on Trauma (Carrie will invite/discuss)
    •    Jim will finalize design of the flyer in December, after which Ellen will provide DOPL emails for mailing to CMHCs and LMFTs

    • 3. Items for vote.
    • Presenters’ receive 50% off registration fees

    • 4. Budget Changes
    • U of U facility fees about $1000 for Annual Conference.  
      1. Suggestions from Board.
    1. Public Relations, Marketing & Membership Committee (PRMM)
      1. New Projects
        1. Survey for GBAB
        2. Marketing more focused on conferences
      2. Update of progress
        1. Membership increasing (mostly students). Thanks to all those involved with grad students
        2. Thanks to everyone involved with providing articles/content.
        3. Next article due soon
      3. Items for vote (none)
      4. Budget Changes (none)
      5. Suggestions from Board.
    2. Professional Partnership & Associate Partnership Committee (PPAC)
      1. New Projects.
      2. Update of progress.
      3. Items for vote.
      4. Budget Changes.
      5. Suggestions from Board.
    3. General Board & Advisory Board Committee (GBAB)
      1. Update of progress
        1. GBAB welcome email delivered to PRMM as requested
        2. Current topics: 1) Ethics, 2) suicide awareness, 3) other topics, 4) studies/research, 5) opioid crisis, 6) Need for counselors, 7) medicaid/medicare, 8) multicultural, 9) LGBTQ, 10) Local Mental Health,
        3. Topic subjects recently expanded to include:

          suicide awareness, ethics, multicultural, LGBTQ, Local Mental Health

      2. New Projects
        1. Julie mentioned that eventually she'd like to see GBAB give a monthly 1 CEU credit webinar regarding updates from “hot topics.”
        2. Recent questionnaire sent to PRMM committee for survey of member interest for greater topic area focus. Link: https://umhca.org/Survey
        3. Does the GBAB landing page need to change? Is it acceptable? "Yes, it is to change," says Jim.
        4. Coming known assignments: 
          1. March 1st Welcome email update
          2. Coming blog dates? March 2019
        5. Survey response alerts: how does that work exactly? Why only one response? Who gets the survey? 
        6. GBAB to be responsible for a forum.
        7. PRMM may be interested in the "did you know" bullet points re: interesting concepts. 
      3. Items for vote.
        1. None
      4. Budget Changes.
        1. None
      5. Suggestions from Board.
    4. Graduate Student Committee (GSC)
      1. New Projects
      2. Update of progress
      3. Items for vote.
      4. Budget Changes.
      5. Suggestions from Board.
    VI.    Business of Governing Officers.
      1. President
      2. Vice President
      3. Secretary
      4. Treasurer Report on Income and Expense
    1. Changes done to By-laws.
    2. Nomination for Committee Chairs
    3. Volunteer Updates

    VII. Other Potential UMHCA Issues

    1. Open to floor for discussion
    2. Any issues not already discussed above.
    VIII. Secretary to Close the meeting.


  • 10 Nov 2018 9:00 AM | Julie Tucker (Administrator)

    Nov 10 2018 Agenda

    Start: 
    End: 

      I.          Call to Order by Secretary

    II.          Welcome to ALL in attendance By Secretary.

    1. Welcome those in attendance through Webinar.
    2. Recognition of ALL Board members in attendance
    Governing Officers
    • Julie Tucker, LCMHC, CFMHE, President
    • Uma Dorn, Ph.D., Vice President & EXEC Chair
    • Terri Goldstein, ACSW, Secretary & GBAB Chair
    • Dennis Tucker, LCSW, CFMHE,Treasurer
    Board Members
    • Ellen Behrens, Phd, ECGS Chair
    • Trevor Earl, LCMHC PRMM Chair
    • Scott Carter, LCMHC, LPPC Chair
    • Gray Otis, LCMHC, Presdential Advisor & PPAC Chair
    • Paul Callister, Past President
    • Sandi Williams, LMFT, PPAC Chair
    List of Voting Members who are Absent.
    • Julie Tucker, LCMHC, President
    • Uma Dorn, Ph.D., Vice President & EXEC Chair*
    • Dennis Tucker, LCSW & GBAB Chair
    • Gray Otis, LCMHC, Presidential Advisor
    • Paul Callister, Past President*
    • Ellen Behrens, Ph.D., ECGS Chair
    • Sandi Williams. LMFT, PPAC Chair
    • Trevor Earl, LCMHC, GBAB Chair
    • Scott Carter, LCMHC, LPPC Chair
    Do we have a Quorum, 5 voting members in attendence? YES/NO

    III.          Secretary - Call to Ratify Notes from October

    1. Secretary to call for motion to ratify meeting notes from last month.
    2. Secretary to give the floor to the President.
    IV. Unfinished Business from Last Month

    1. Education, Conference, & Graduate Student Committee (ECGS)

    • Items for vote.ECGS Proposal #1 for Board Vote
    • Seeking authorization for up to $600 to do 2 separate mailings: 1 mailing in November for Call for Papers/Save the Date and 1 mailing in January for Conference Registration.  We plan to do mailings to CMHCs first.  If responses are low on either CMHC mailing, we would send to LCSWs
      • Conference fees (Friday lunch included)
        • $170 Member (Full Conference)
        • $115 Member (Half Conference)
        • $205 Non-Member (Full Conference)
        • $150 Non-Member (Half Conference)
        • $95 students
        • Presenters Free
        • Early Bird will be $30 less than each above noted fee and will expire 45 days prior to conference.
    1. ECGS Proposal #2 for Board Vote

      • ECGS proposes that that the ECGS be reconfigured into 2 distinct committees:  
        • a Graduate Student Committee, with the mission of providing outreach, support, professional networking, and education for graduate counseling students, 
        • an Education and Conference Committee, with the mission of coordinating the Annual Conference and Fall Mini-Conference as well as any additional educational projects.  
          • Rationale:  The ECGS has too large a mission, with too many competing projects to manage.  By creating 2 distinct committees, the work load becomes more manageable and targeted for each committee.  
        • Ellen Behrens nominates Paul Callister to chair the Graduate Student Committee.   Ellen Behrens would like to continue as the chair of the Education and Conference Committee. 
        • There are sufficient graduate student members to populate the new Graduate Student committee as well as sufficient members to populate an Education and Conference Committee.  
      Updates about the Annual Conference
      • Date:  March 15-16
      • Location:  University of Utah (specific location TBD; Dr. Dorn is helping with arrangements)
      • Lunch included in fee and provided on site
      • 150 attendees anticipated
      • A newly revised Call for Proposals is posted on the website. 
      • Proposals will be due by 1/15/2019
      • Plan for at least 4 sessions per time slot.
      • Gray Otis will be our keynote speaker.  
      • In addition to the proposals submitted online, the committee will invite experts to present on salient counseling topics such as professional counseling identity; counseling ethics; suicide training; clinical training sessions (e.g., EFT).
      • For each session, there will be at least 1 licensed mental health therapist presenter.
      • We plan to email a Call for Proposals/Save the Date announcement to the dopl list ASAP
      • We plan to email a registration announcement in January to the dopl list
    2. Suggestions from Board.
    General Board & Advisory Board Committee (GBAB)
    1. New Projects:
      1. Welcome Email to new members for PRMM:
        1. Third email sent to new members from UMHCA
        2. Update from counseling world.
        3. Content to be updated every three months
      2. What needs do other committee's have of GBAB? 
        1. Routine requests: (Please submit with dates needed so so all assignments can be appropriately scheduled)
        2. One time only requests: 
      3. PRMM committee to aid GBAB with:
        1. Modeling our website
        2. use of templates
      4. Ongoing quest for pertinent topics to mental health world:
        1. Insurance billing: Did you know ... that the standard clinical hour is now 45 minutes?
        2. Couples Counseling: Did you know ... that you could bill if done appropriately?
        3. Updated CPT Codes: Did you know ... current and updated codes exist that?
    2. Update of progress:
      1. PRMM committee requested tasks: 
        1. mission statement, which is: "GBAB The eyes and ears of UMHCA- Keeping a finger on the pulse of the mental health community."
        2. Committee summary, which is: "The GBAB committee serves to keep mental health professionals apprised on developing situations in the mental health world. Why is this information important? As mental health professionals, we need to know what affects our community. From there, we can make influential moves on a local level. The GBAB committee is the eyes and ears of UMCHA, keeping a finger on the pulse of the information that impacts our career. Be the one to discover vital information UMCHA focuses on next. Be a local influencer. Take your career into your own hands."
        3. 3 to 5 bullet points on latest and greatest, which are: 
          1. * GBAB has created a blog of hot topics found from the latest and greatest in the mental health world
          2. * To our best ability we seek to include all perspectives of blog related hot topics
          3. * The hottest hot topic this month is: The Opioid Crisis.
          4. * The hottest hot topic article this month is The Myth of What’s Driving the Opioid Crisis . See it in the blog! 
      2. "Hot Topics", updated and posted monthly on Web page, with newest posted first and oldest last.
        1. Send submissions to Dennis Tucker, LCSW
    3. Items for vote
      1. Motion: Survey of UMCHA membership to aid our hot topic pursuit
    4. Suggestions from Board.
    Professional Partnership & Associate Partnership Committee (PPAC)
    1. New Projects.
    2. Update of progress.
    3. Items for vote.
    4. Suggestions from Board.
    V.          Discussion on Administrative Organization of UMHCA and Instruction by Julie Tucker, President
    1. Business of governing Officers.
      1. President
        1. ACA vs AMHCA
        2. Why UMCHA?
        3. Committee's Structure and Power
          1. Scope of practices for chairs.
          2. Over riding of Executive Committee or President
          3. Ensuring committee members are properly credited
        4.  4-903 update.
          1. Jason King
          2. Committee for the 4-903
            1. Standing Committee on Children and Family Law, Rule 1-205(1)(B)(vi) identifies the membership.
          1. (1)(B)(xi) The Committee on Model Utah Civil Jury Instructions shall consist of two district court judges, four lawyers who primarily represent plaintiffs, four lawyers who primarily represent defendants, and one person skilled in linguistics or communication. 

          2. The psychologist on the committee are not on the committee they are the experts in the field this committee has been consulting with, they are hostile but they are not the ones determining if a CMHC can do custody evaluations. Committee has put this issue aside due to a legislative issue being presented on the hill by Senator  V. Lowry Snow. This has nothing to do with our claim o f full parity. We may need to look at another option. 
        5. Bylaw changes - None.
      2. Vice President
      3. Secretary
      4. Treasurer Report on Income and Expense

    VI. Order of Business to be Reported & Submitted for Vote

    1. Volunteer Update
      1. Jenaveve Tucker
    2. Executive Committee
      1. New Projects or Concerns
      2. Update on Current Projects
      3. Items for Vote
      4. Suggestions from Board.
    3. Legislative & Public Policy Committee. (LPPC)
      1. New Projects
      2. Update of progress.
      3. Items for vote.
      4. Suggestions from Board.
    1. Public Relations, Marketing & Membership Committee (PRMM)
      1. New Projects
      2. Update of progress
      3. Items for vote.
      4. Suggestions from Board.

    VII. Changes to be done to the Bylaws for vote for next month.

    1. Any changes determined by this meeting that are necessary to clarify committee responsibilities, committee chair responsibilities, or clarification for the Bylaws, etc.

    VIII. Other Potential UMHCA Issues

    1. Open to floor for discussion
    2. Any issues not already discussed above.
    IV. Secretary to Close the meeting.


  • 13 Oct 2018 12:24 AM | Julie Tucker (Administrator)

    October 13 2018 Agenda

    Start: 
    End: 

      I.          Call to Order by Secretary

    II.          Welcome to ALL in attendance By Secretary.

    1. Welcome those in attendance through Webinar.
    2. Recognition of ALL Board members in attendance
    Governing Officers
    • Julie Tucker, LCMHC, President
    • Uma Dorn, Ph.D., Vice President & EXEC Chair
    • Dennis Tucker, LCSW, Secretary & GBAB Chair
    • Empty, Treaurer
    Board Members
    • Ellen Behrens, Phd, ECGS Chair
    • Trevor Earl, LCMHC PRMM Chair
    • Scott Carter, LCMHC, LPPC Chair
    • Gray Otis, LCMHC, Presdential Advisor & PPAC Chair
    • Paul Callister, Past President
    List of Voting Members who are Absent.
    • Julie Tucker, LCMHC, President
    • Uma Dorn, Ph.D., Vice President & EXEC Chair*
    • Dennis Tucker, LCSW & GBAB Chair
    • Gray Otis, LCMHC, Presidential Advisor & PPAC Chair 
    • Paul Callister, Past President*
    • Ellen Behrens, Ph.D., ECGS Chair
    • Trevor Earl, LCMHC, GBAB Chair
    • Scott Carter, LCMHC, LPPC Chair
    Do we have a Quorum, 4 voting members in attendence? YES/NO

    III.          Secretary - Call to Ratify Notes from June

    1. Secretary to call for motion to ratify meeting notes from September.
    2. Secretary to give the floor to the President.
    IV.          Discussion on Administrative Organization of UMHCA and Instruction by Julie Tucker, President
    1. Business of governing Officers.
      1. President
        1. Jason Wagner has resigned as Treasurer, we would like to thank him for his service.
          1. We have been attempting to change over the bank accounts but ran into a few snags. As of today Jason is still on bank accounts. Dennis was named by Jason as Trustee.
          2. In need of a new Treasurer
        2. Kristin Erskine lost her job with Argosy. She now works for Valley Mental Health. She has resigned from UMHCA. We would like to thank her for her service.
        3. Committee Chairs to have a time they meet once a month to make progress (about 1-1 1/2, can be on site or via Gotomeeting). Ellen brought up concerns about overlapping committee Do the committee chairs have a time for their standing meeting?
          1.  Committee Chairs to begin using website for meetings, and notes and projects. How is this going?
          2. Mission statement for each Committee to be supplied to PRMM. This allows those who want to join the committee know what its about. Each chair to give it to Trevor by next board meeting. Do we have mission statements?
          3. PRMM to have Gotomeeting set up to run the meeting every month. 
        4. PRMM committee to meet with each committee to create landing page. (Strictly a working meeting)
        5. Board Retreat Update.
          1. Paul Callister
      2. Vice President
        1. Uma and I met last month, she will be calling a meeting of the Executive to discuss the following issues:
          1. Coordination of the Committees
          2. Inurements for the Board Members
          3. Exploring a subscription format for Members in the board.
      3. Secretary
      4. Treasurer Report on Income and Expense
        1. Paypal progress & transaction fees.
          1. We used paypay for the conference
        2. Switching Banking
          1. Not yet accomplished
        3. UPdate on accounts.
          1. Paypal $3,367
          2. Income in September $4,000
          3. Reimbursements from Conference so far $600
          4. Zions @$11,270
          5. Total currenting in all accounts @ $14,637
        4. Budgets to be placed in Quickbooks
          1. $2550 Approved for PPRM
          2. $3600 Budget Approved for ECGS
          3. $0 Budget Approved for LPPC.

    V. Order of Business to be Reported & Submitted for Vote

    1. Last Month's Unfinished Business
      1. No Unfinished business.
    2. Bylaw Updates
      1. No bylaws updates finished yet. Schedule for next months meeting.
      2. Presidential Advisor & Past President to be assigned this committee as part of their responsibilities and to be placed into the Bylaws.
      3. Changes to redefine responsibility of the committees according to most uptodate informtiond that are necessary to clarify committee responsibilities, committee chair responsibilities, or clarification for the Bylaws, etc.
      4. Paul Carver (Member of DOPL) to be a non-voting member of PPAC
    3. Submission of Nominations for Committee Chairs
      1. Sandi Williams (?)
    4. Budgets Changes

    5. Volunteer Update
      1. Jenaveve Tucker - Conference report for volunteers.
    6. Executive Committee
      1. New Projects or Concerns
      2. Update on Current Projects
      3. Items for Vote
      4. Suggestions from Board.
    7. Legislative & Public Policy Committee. (LPPC)
      1. New Projects
      2. Update of progress.
      3. Items for vote.
      4. Suggestions from Board.
    1.  Education, Conference, & Graduate Student Committee (ECGS)
      1. New Projects
      2. Update of progress
      3. Items for vote.
      4. Suggestions from Board.
    2. Public Relations, Marketing & Membership Committee (PRMM)
      1. New Projects
      2. Update of progress
      3. Items for vote.
      4. Suggestions from Board.
    3. Professional Partnership & Associate Partnership Committee (PPAC)
      1. New Projects.
      2. Update of progress.
      3. Items for vote.
      4. Suggestions from Board.
    4. General Board & Advisory Board Committee (GBAB)
      1. New Projects
      2. Update of progress
      3. Items for vote
      4. Suggestions from Board.

    VI. Changes to be done to the Bylaws for vote for next month.

    1. Any changes determined by this meeting that are necessary to clarify committee responsibilities, committee chair responsibilities, or clarification for the Bylaws, etc.

    VII. Other Potential UMHCA Issues

    1. Open to floor for discussion
    2. Any issues not already discussed above.
    VIII. Secretary to Close the meeting.


  • 4 Aug 2018 9:59 AM | Julie Tucker (Administrator)

    August 11 2018 Agenda

    Start: 
    End: 

      I.          Call to Order by Secretary

    II.          Welcome to ALL in attendance By Secretary.

    1. Welcome those in attendance through Webinar.
    2. Recognition of ALL Board members in attendance
    Governing Officers
    • Julie Tucker, LCMHC, President
    • Uma Dorn, Ph.D., Vice President & EXEC Chair
    • Dennis Tucker, LCSW, Secretary & GBAB Chair
    • Jason Wagner, LCMHC, Treasurer
    Board Members
    • Kristin Erskine, ED.D., LCMHC, ECGS Co-Chair
    • Ellen Behrens, Phd, ECGS Chair
    • Trevor Earl, LCMHC PRMM Chair
    • Scott Carter, LCMHC, LPPC Chair
    • Gray Otis, LCMHC, Presdential Advisor & PPAC Chair
    • Paul Callister, Past President
    List of Voting Members who are Absent.
    • Julie Tucker, LCMHC, President
    • Uma Dorn, Ph.D., Vice President & EXEC Chair*
    • Dennis Tucker, LCSW & GBAB Chair
    • Jason Wagner, LCMHC, Treasurer
    • Gray Otis, LCMHC, Presidential Advisor & PPAC Chair 
    • Paul Callister, Past President*
    • Ellen Behrens, Ph.D., ECGS Chair
    • Kristin Erskine, ED.D.,ECGS Co-Chair
    • Trevor Earl, LCMHC, GBAB Chair
    • Scott Carter, LCMHC, LPPC Chair
    Do we have a Quorum, 6 voting members in attendence? YES/NO

    III.          Secretary - Call to Ratify Notes from July

    1. Secretary to call for motion to ratify meeting notes from last month.
    2. Secretary to give the floor to the President.
    IV.          Discussion on Administrative Organization of UMHCA and Instruction
    1. Business of governing Officers.
      1. President
        1. Committee Chairs to have a time they meet once a month to make progress (about 1-1 1/2, can be on site or via gotomeeting)
        2.  Committe Chairs to begin using website for meetings, and notes and projects.
        3. Mission statement for each Committee to supply to PRMM
        4. PRMM to have Gotomeeting set up to run the meeting every month.
        5. Example of how to use Wild Apricot (Use PPAC)
      2. Vice President
      3. Secretary
        1. Paypal progress & transaction fees.
        2. Switching Banking
        3. UPdate on accounts.
        4. Budgets to be placed in Quickbooks
          1. $2550 Approved for PPRM
          2. $3600 Budget Approved for ECGS
          3. $0 Budget Approved for LPPC.
      4. Treasurer Report on Income and Expense
        1. Paypal progress & transaction fees.
        2. Switching Banking
        3. UPdate on accounts.
        4. Budgets to be placed in Quickbooks
          1. $2550 Approved for PPRM
          2. $3600 Budget Approved for ECGS
          3. $0 Budget Approved for LPPC.

    V. Order of Business to be Reported & Submitted for Vote

    1. Last Month's Unfinished Business
      1. No unfinished business from last month.
    2. Bylaw Updates
      1.  No bylaws updates finished yet. Schedule for next months meeting.
      2. Presidential Advisor & Past President to be assigned PPAC committee as part of their responsibilities and to be placed into the Bylaws.
      3. Changes to redefine responsibility of the committees according to most up-to-date information that are necessary to clarify committee responsibilities, committee chair responsibilities, or clarification for the Bylaws, etc.
      4. Paul Carver (Member of DOPL) to be a non-voting member of PPAC.
    3. Submission of Nominations for Committee Chairs

    4. Budgets Changes
      1. GBAB
      2. EXEC
      3. PPAC
    5. Volunteer Update
      1. Jenaveve Tucker to be discussed next month as Jenaveve is taking her AEMT test.
    6. Executive Committee (EXEC)
      1. New Projects or Concerns
        1. Committee did not meet this month will begin next month for meetings to discuss items such as inurements for board members etc.
        2. President is required to be an AMHCA member.
      2. Update on Current Projects
      3. Items for Vote
      4. Suggested items from the Board
        1. Kristin stated it would be nice to have a list of resources we can begin collecting for our members.
    7. Legislative & Public Policy Committee. (LPPC)
      1. New Projects
      2. Update of progress.
        1. Supervision. Update of progress. Green light to go forward to find legislative sponsor. Seeking a senator or someone similar to sponsor. Uma may be looking for someone. Update from
        2.  Paul Carver regarding custody evaluations. Stuck in limbo. To vote on September 15. 
        3. DOPL meeting last Wednesday, issues of portability discussed. 
      3. Items for vote.
      4. Suggestions from Board.
    1.  Education, Conference, & Graduate Student Committee (ECGS)
      1. New Projects
      2. Update of progress
      3. Items for vote.
      4. Suggestions from Board.
    2. Public Relations, Marketing & Membership Committee (PRMM)
      1. New Projects
      2. Update of progress
      3. Items for vote.
        1. Membership at $6 per month for monthly subscription.
      4. Suggestions by the Board.
        1. Use articles from 
    3. Professional Partnership & Associate Partnership Committee (PPAC)
      1. New Projects.
      2. Update of progress.
      3. Items for vote.
        1. Sandi Williams for PPAC co-chair?
      4. Items to be placed in PPAC.
        1. Trauma Awareness issues/group and UMHCA's stance with these issues;
        2. Dave Wilde/Chronic Pain, opioid crises and how UMHCA might integrate as a group with DOPL.
        3. DOPL board and DOPL board meetings
        4. Trisha Barras and Insurance panels dealing with Opioid panels and insurance companies
        5. NBFE and other partners of UMHCA, we have a conference coming up, do we want to have our partners participate for Forensics (We could also look at any other group we feel are adjuncts for Forensics ie AFCC & the group Candice is a part of)
        6. HIPPA Compliance
        7. Insurance Company panels
        8. Workforce Services Committee.
        9. Film Industry for educational video.
        10. Issues surrounding those in private practice.
        11. Suggestions from Board
    4. General Board & Advisory Board Committee (GBAB)
      1. New Projects
      2. Update of progress
      3. Items for vote
      4. Suggestions from Board.

    VI. Changes to be done to the Bylaws for vote for next month.


    VII. Other Potential UMHCA Issues

    1. Open to floor for discussion
    2. Any issues not already discussed above.
    VIII. Secretary to Close the meeting.
  • 13 Jul 2018 11:14 PM | Julie Tucker (Administrator)

    July 14 2018 Agenda

    Start: 
    End: 

      I.          Call to Order by Secretary

    II.          Welcome to ALL in attendance By Secretary.

    1. Welcome those in attendance through Webinar.
    2. Recognition of ALL Board members in attendance
    • Julie Tucker, CMHC, President
    • Uma Dorn, Ph.D., Vice President, EXEC Chair
    • Dennis Tucker, LCSW, Secretary
    • Jason Wagner, CMHC, Treasurer
    • Paul Callister, Past President
    • Gray Otis, Ph.d., CMHC, Presidential Advisor
    Board Members
    • Ellen Behrens, Ph.D. AND/OR Kristne Erskine, ED.D., CMHC, ECG's Chair
    • Jim Macedone, Proxy vote Julie as PRMM chair
    • Scott Carter, CMHC, Board member, LPPC chair
    • PPAC CHAIR, Empty
    • Berta Rodriquez Diaz, GBAB Chair
    3. List of Voting Members who are Absent.

    III.          Secretary - Call to Ratify Notes from June

    1. Secretary to call for motion to ratify meeting notes from last month.
    2. Secretary to give the floor to the President.
    IV.          Discussion on Administrative Organization of UMHCA and Instruction by Julie Tucker, President
    1. 501(c) appropriate inurements. Call for a discussion of items the board would like to see as inurement for Voting Board Members.
    2. Brain storm on what benefits Board members would like to see offered for the Voting members, committee members & conditions on said benefits.  
    3. Send to Executive Committee to set for Vote in August.

    V. Order of Business

    1. Governing Board Report & Votes - Julie Tucker
      1. Changes in Bylaws - no changes this month.
      2. Submission of Nominations for PPAC (Professional Partnership & Associations Committee); 
        1. Sandi Williams, LMFT was Nominated by Jim, PRMM chair
        2. If no chair this month, President will ask to assign a temporary Chair and committe members to begin the organization of the PPAC.
        3. Presidential Advisor & Past President to be assigned this committee as part of their responsibilities and to be placed into the Bylaws.
        4. Items currently falling under the PPAC;
          1. Trauma Awareness issues/group and UMHCA's stance with these issues;
          2. Dave Wilde/Chronic Pain, opioid crises and how UMHCA might integrate as a group with DOPL
          3. DOPL board and DOPL board meetings
          4. Trisha Barras and Insurance panels dealing with Opioid panels and insurance companies
          5. NBFE and other partners of UMHCA, we have a conference coming up, do we want to have our partners participate for Forensics (We could also look at any other group we feel are adjuncts for Forensics ie AFCC & the group Candice is a part of)
          6. HIPPA Compliance
          7. Insurance Company panels
          8. Workforce Services Committee.
          9. Film Industry for educational video.
          10. Issues surrounding those in private practice.
      3. PRMM Committee Chair Replacement.
        1. Julie Tucker to step down as the PRMM, would like to ask if any of the chairs would be willing to endorse, Trevor Earl as the new PRMM Chair.
      4. Removal of Berta Rodriguez Diaz as GBAB
        1.  Berta has missed May & June meetings and reports she will not be able to be to the meetings for the next 3 months.
          1. Voice of the Associate Mental Health Therapist
          2. Create and keep up to date the FAQ on the website
          3. Run open Blog for questions asked by our members
          4. Would like to see a monthly open forum for members of 1 hour in which members could ask questions to a mini panel (perhaps we offer 1 CE every month for those attending)
          5. Bring to attention to the board any and all issues current Associate Mental Health Therapists are facing with billing, supervisory issues, unfair practices by employers etc.
        2. Bylaws/Roberts rules state that voting members must attend 80% of the meetings. 
          1. Can attend through Proxy.
          2. Need a member who can run this committee.
          3. See the committee as a the voice of the Associate Mental Health Therapist.
          4. Any suggestions for replacement. (Terri, Becca? perhaps co-chairs). 
          5. If no nomination, President to make requests and assign temporary chairs and committee members.
      5. Jason Wagner, Treasurer Report on Income and Expenses
        1. Paypal progress & transaction fees.
      1. Budgets for Year End Needed by June meeting
        1. PRMM committee to resubmit budget.
        2. ECGS committee budget?
        3. EXEC budget discussion.
          1. AMHCA 2019.
          2. Membership Drives?
      2. Volunteer Update
        1. Jenaveve Tucker
    2.  Legislative & Public Policy Committee. (LPPC)
      1. Update of progress.
      2. Items for vote.
    3.  Education, Conference, & Graduate Student Committee (ECGS)
      1. Update of progress
      2. Items for vote.
    4. Public Relations, Marketing & Membership Committee (PRMM)
      1. Update of progress
      2. Items for vote.
    5. Executive Committee (EXEC)
      1. To begin monthly meetings.

    VI. Changes to be done to the Bylaws for vote for next month.

    1. Any changes determined by this meeting that are necessary to clarify committee responsibilities, committee chair responsibilities, or clarification for the Bylaws, etc.

    VII. Other Potential UMHCA Issues

    1. Open to floor for discussion
    2. Any issues not already discussed above.
    VIII. Secretary to Close the meeting.


  • 15 May 2018 10:16 PM | Julie Tucker (Administrator)

      I.          Call to Order 

    II.          Welcome to ALL in attendance.

    1. Welcome those in attendance through Webinar.
    2. Introduction of Committee Chairs.
    3. Meeting to be from 9:00-10:30 as PRMM will be training at 10:30-12:30

    III.          Secretary - Call to Ratify Notes from May

    IV.          Discussion on Administrative Organization of UMHCA and Instruction by Julie Tucker, President
    1. 501(c) appropriate innurements.
    2. Size of Committees
    3. Qualifications for committees.
    4. Application for committees.

    V. Order of Business (In the future all of these items need to be voted upon)

    1. Governing Board Report & Votes - Julie Tucker
      1. Changes in Bylaws
      2. Submission of Nominations for PPAC
        1. Professional Partership & Associations Committee (PPAC); PPAC is tasked with maintaining professional associations with all licensed Clinical Mental Health Professionals as defined by Utah code which includes the LMFT, LCSW, CMHC, Psychologists, Psychiatrist, Doctors, Nurses Practitioners and any other helping profession or entity which may affect and are necessary in the administration of medication management of mental health clients. PPAC is charges with assisting any of the other helping professionals in causes which affect any mental health professional license as well as the Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselors. It is the stance of UMHCA that all mental health and helping professionals need to unite together to be able to pursue a stronger therapeutic community and voice in the legislature, the house, the legal community and the medical community. PPAC may be chaired by one of the helping professions outside of Clinical Mental Health Counselor licensure to ensure UMHCA is aware of therapeutic issues, DOPL Rules, legislative Code, or any other issues that may concern helping professions.  PPAC is charge to help facilitate the voice of the Clinical Mental Health Professional with any governmental or legal entity. PPAC will help UMHCA achieve additional membership through the pursuit of Clinical Mental Health Professionals as defined by the Utah Rule of Clinical Mental Health Professionals R156-60,  and encourage all CMHP to join the membership of UMHCA and ensure the voice of the Clinical Mental Health Professional. PPAC will pursue professional partnerships in the community, with health care providers, insurance companies, legal professionals, government entity, to help all communities see the value of a unified Clinical Mental Health Professional community.
      1. Chair nomination and discussion.
      1. Jason Wagner, Treasurer Report on Income and Expenses

      2. Budgets for Year End Needed by June meeting

      3. Volunteer Update

    2.  Legislative & Public Policy Committee. (LPPC)

    3.  Education, Conference, & Graduate Student Committee (ECGS)

    4. Public Relations, Marketing & Membership Committee (PRMM)
      1. Will be training after the meeting at 10:30.
    5. Executive Committee (EXEC)

    VI.          Other Potential UMHCA Issues

    Paul Callister – Trish Barrus on Insurance Panels 

    Paul Callister - wants to discuss UMHCA purchase of 'honor cords'

    Any other issues not on the list






  • 11 May 2018 9:52 PM | Julie Tucker (Administrator)
      I.          Call to Order 
    II.          Welcome to ALL in attendance.
    1. Welcome those in attendance through Webinar.
    2. Introduction of Committee Chairs.

    III.          Secretary Read in of Note for Approval

    1. March
    2. April
    IV.          Discussion on Administrative Organization of UMHCA and Instruction by Julie Tucker, President
    1. Bylaws
      1.     Bylaws require 3 committee Members for each Committee in order for it to exist fill each committee with 3 members, regardless of repeating committee members.
      2. Cannot form new committees until standing committees are fully staffed with a Committee Chair and 3 committee members. 
      3. Roberts Rules
        1. Will be added to website as soon as possible.
        2. Used to govern "Order of Business".
        3. Order of Business is items included in (V).
        4. Bylaws supercede Roberts Rules
        5. Order of Business is determined by President and Chairs with respect to authority of each committee.
        6. Chairs are nominated by the other Chairs. Only Chairs can nominate other chairs for committees.
        7. Chairs are responsible for accepting committee members.
        8. Chair's after meeting with their committee will bring doings of business to the floor. Board either votes on the entire motion or sends it back to the committee. It is not the job of the board to "line item veto" Chairs motions. We can vote to send it back to the committee for review or to accept or reject as a whole.
        9. Once we are to order of business each Chair has an opportunity to state opinion, make a motion.
        10. President must recognize motion.
          1. Motion
          2. Seconded
          3. President Restates Motion
          4. Open for Debate
          5. Each member of the board states argument or declines
          6. Vote is taken
          7. A motion to table can be made once during the session but must follow 1-4 in order to table.
          8. Chairs can ask for "judgement" called "out of order" when they believe another chair has redirected, began frivolous discussion, speaking out of turn, asked questions which are not relevant at which time president must immediately pass judgment on call of "out of order"
          9. President may speak for instructional purposes during debate but not to participate in the debate except for through the Vice President or the Secretary (designated voice.)
          10. At the end of the debate all members of board, including President, may vote, or abstain. Secretary records vote. President moves to next Order of Business. 
          11. If order of business is not addressed, then it becomes 1st order of business for the next Board Meeting. We cannot skip or table "Order of Business" matters in favor of moving onto the next item, must be voted on and then can move forward
      4. 501(c) 6 , benefits for the Board and inurements.
    V. Order of Business (In the future all of these items need to be voted upon)
    1. Governing Board Report & Votes - Julie Tucker
      1. Change in Bylaws
        1. PAPP changed to PPAC
      2. Submission of Nominations for PPAC
        1. Professional Partership & Associations Committee (PPAC); PPAC is tasked with maintaining professional associations with all licensed Clinical Mental Health Professionals as defined by Utah code which includes the LMFT, LCSW, CMHC, Psychologists, Psychiatrist, Doctors, Nurses Practitioners and any other helping profession or entity which may affect and are necessary in the administration of medication management of mental health clients. PAPP is charges with assisting any of the other helping professionals in causes which affect any mental health professional license as well as the Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselors. It is the stance of UMHCA that all mental health and helping professionals need to unite together to be able to pursue a stronger therapeutic community and voice in the legislature, the house, the legal community and the medical community. PAPP will be chaired by one of the helping professions outside of Clinical Mental Health Counselor licensure to ensure UMHCA is aware of therapeutic issues, DOPL Rules, legislative Code, or any other issues that may concern helping professions.  PAPP is charge to help facilitate the voice of the Clinical Mental Health Professional with any governmental or legal entity. PAPP will help UMHCA achieve additional membership through the pursuit of Clinical Mental Health Professionals as defined by the Utah Rule of Clinical Mental Health Professionals R156-60,  and encourage all CMHP to join the membership of UMHCA and ensure the voice of the Clinical Mental Health Professional. PAPP will pursue professional partnerships in the community, with health care providers, insurance companies, legal professionals, government entity, to help all communities see the value of a unified Clinical Mental Health Professional community.
      3. Jason Wagner, Treasurer Report on Income and Expenses
      4. Budgets for Year End Needed by June meeting
      5. Volunteer Update
      6. Set time for Training
    2.  Legislative & Public Policy Committee. (LPPC)
      1. Scott Carter
    3.  Education, Conference, & Graduate Student Committee(ECGS)
      1. Ellen Behrens
    4. Public Relations, Marketing & Membership Committee (PRMM)
      1.  Jim Macedone to report on training and updates on Website.
    5. Executive Committee (EXEC)
      1. Uma Dorn items needed to be addressed by UMHCA
    VI.          Other Potential UMHCA Issues
    Paul Callister – Trish Barrus on Insurance Panels 
    Paul Callister - Discussion of cords
    Any other issues not on the list


Utah Mental Health Counselors Association is Utah's hub for enhancing the profession of mental health counselors. 
UMHCA is a 501(c)6 organization.
© 2018 UHMCA • Privacy • Site Map

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software