Utah Mental Health Counselors Association
August 8, 2020
MEETING HELD BY WEBINAR DUE TO COVID-19
I. Call to Order by Secretary
II. Welcome to ALL in attendance By Secretary
1. Welcome to those in attendance through Webinar.
2. Recognition of ALL Board members in attendance
· Julie Tucker, LCMHC, President
· Terri Goldstein, ACMHC, Secretary
· Dennis Tucker, LCSW, Vice President
Board Members PRESENT are underlined+ These should be in alphabetical order
1. Ellen Behrens, Ph.D., EACC Chair
2. Jordan Briggs, ACMHC, LPPC Chair
3. Carrie Graham, ACMHC, EACC Dual Chair
4. Anna Lieber, President-Elect, Graduate Student Chair
5. Terri Goldstein, ACHMC, EXEC Chair
6. Gray Otis, LCMHC, Presidential Advisor
7. Bryce Poorman, ACMHC, Treasurer
8. Dennis Tucker, LCSW, Vice President
9. Julie Tucker, LCMHC, President,
10. Jim Macedone, ACMHC, PRMM Chair
11. Sandi Williams, LMFT, PPAC Chair
List of Voting Members who are Absent
Sandi Williams, LMFT, PPAC Chair
Jim Macedone, ACMHC, PRMM Chair
III. Secretary - Call to Ratify Minutes
1. Secretary to call for motion to ratify meeting Minutes from July 2020 – Minutes were ratified, Anna called for the vote, the motion was passed unanimously.
2. Secretary to give the floor to the President and the President Elect.
3. Meeting Called to Order
IV. Special Announcements by the President
V. Committee Updates & Votes
1. Executive Committee (EXEC)
2. Legislative & Public Policy Committee. (LPPC)
3 Education & Conference Committee (EACC)
4. Public Relations, Marketing & Membership Committee (PRMM)
5. Professional Partnership & Associate Partnership Committee (PPAC)
1. New Projects: None
2. Update of Progress:
1. Gray spoke with Sandi yesterday, states the biggest thing is that we continue to work with the NASW Utah Representatives Supervision package for supervision training and certification.
2. Ellen has led this along with Jan and Anna, putting together an extensive 6 hour training outline.
1. Ellen reports that we are working with Christina Ziddell and the new executive director Utah NASW, and the interim president and a group of LCSW folks from NASW Utah, they have posted the outline in google doc forms, so that we can made comments and edit in the next weeks before the upcoming meeting. The target is to record in the Fall. The goal is divvy up the sections to be a group effort.
2. Gray states that the representatives from NASW Utah has seen the agenda and were pleased with it. Gray adds that there is some administration associated with this to develop some type of examination and certification process, a discussion on whether we do this independently or together. NASW Utah have offered to share a computer program to make it a unified certification process that will keep things together to meet the needs of both LCSWs and LCMHCs.
1. Julie states that she thinks it will be great if they can make the tests unified.
3. Ellen states they are not clear when DOPL intends to put the new rule in place that would require a supervisor to have 6 hours of continuing education and certification.
1. Gray states that he has spoken with Ken Roach who has been active on our CMHC DOPL board. He has not seen anything about the implementation for the requirement for training or certification on DOPL’s side to move forward with this particular initiative.
2. Gray recommends that we follow up with the DOPL board, ourselves, and the LCSWs.
4. Gray also states that they are moving forward with AMHCA’s code of ethics, it will not go to public discussion. Julie suggests that Jordan makes sure that someone from the Legislative committee attends the DOPL meetings.
3. Items for vote: None
4. Budget Changes: None
5. Suggestions from Board: It was suggested that we follow up on the initiative for DOPL to require 6 hours of CEU and Training for Supervisors.
6. General Board & Advisory Board Committee (GBAB) – HOLD
7. Graduate Student & Emerging Professionals Committee (GSEP)
1. Our next meeting is August 26th, we have been on hold, waiting for school to get started. We are reaching out to the local schools and the internet-based schools.
2. We do have a plan for Sept 2020 – we are starting a series for students. We have 4 to 5 webinars planned, the first will be Marie from Cornerstone will present in September (How to get the most out of supervision); ongoing plans for more webinars that are student focused.
5. Suggestions from Board: None.
8. Business of Governing Officers
1. President - Julie expresses her gratitude for keeping everything going.
2. President-elect – Anna expresses this has been a great educating experience, the strategic planning is coming up and she is excited to move forward with that.
3. Vice President - Dennis is happy to be here, impressed with the forum and proposes a question concerning if we even need a physical office space. Julie states we do; Dennis has nothing more to add.
4. Secretary – Terri acknowledges a lot of help from others, we’ve worked on the google drive, moved all records to the google suite; there are separate drives for each committee. Terri reminds everyone to RSVP to meetings, and asks if anyone knows how to raise their hand in the GoTo Meeting forum. Anna suggests that ‘raising hand’ may be an option only on GoTo Webinar.
5. Treasurer Report: Bryce just installed the new QuickBooks.
As of August 7, 2020:
1. Zion's checking: $17,614.70
2. Zion's money market: $1,623.56
3. Zion's PayPal: $1,506.86
4. Total: 20,745.12
July Money in: $5,854.00
July Money out: $944.40
Since Jan 1 2020:
Money in: $26,766.00
Money out: $28,097.94
VII. Other Issues
1. Open to floor for discussion
2. Any issues not already discussed above
VIII. Secretary to Close the meeting: Meeting is called to an end at 9:54.
Utah Mental Health Counselors Association is Utah's hub for enhancing the profession of mental health counselors. UMHCA is a 501(c)6 organization.© 2020 UHMCA • Policies • Privacy • Site Map