Application of Wellness Philosophy to Counselor Self-Care
When: 11 Dec 2017, 6 to 8 pm
University of Phoenix, 5373 S Green St, Rm 237 (or 238)
FREE Training by Dr. Marty Mendenhall
1. Develop an understanding of wellness philosophy and how it can be employed to improve counselor resiliency.
2. Understand personal and ethical implications of counselor self-care.
3. Develop awareness of the ongoing challenges of acute and chronic secondary stress.
4. Identify causes of counselor burnout.
5. Identify the signs and symptoms of burnout and counselor impairment.
6. Improve the quality of one’s self-care protocol.
7. Provide concrete self-care strategies to guide counselors’ practice.
8. Explore solitude, silence, and mindfulness as self-care strategies.
Utah Mental Health Counselors Association is Utah's hub for enhancing the profession of mental health counselors.© 2017 UHMCA • Privacy • Site Map