Attendees will learn skills that integrate the crossroads of brain science and contemplative practices, including integration of research and application of the neurology of compassion, trauma, and addiction. This interactive presentation will include takeaway skills to use with individuals and groups.
As a result of this presentation, the participant should be able to:
- Explain the obsolescence of a primarily 12-Step based approach and the need for a comprehensive, multi-faceted, customizable recovery program
- Compare the different models of alternative programs, such as Refuge Recovery and AA
- Demonstrate how recovery plans can be designed as a collaboration with clients and community
- Understanding of how the brain research supports an integration of practices to heal trauma, recover from addictions and connect with community through compassion skills
- Create long term treatment plans with feedback, social support and experimentation to keep recovery fresh and dynamic