I. Call to Order
. Welcome to ALL in attendance.
- Welcome those in attendance through Webinar.
- Introduction of Committee Chairs.
III. Secretary Read in of Note for Approval
IV. Discussion on Administrative Organization of UMHCA and Instruction by Julie Tucker, President
- Bylaws require 3 committee Members for each Committee in order for it to exist fill each committee with 3 members, regardless of repeating committee members.
- Cannot form new committees until standing committees are fully staffed with a Committee Chair and 3 committee members.
- Roberts Rules
- Will be added to website as soon as possible.
- Used to govern "Order of Business".
- Order of Business is items included in (V).
- Bylaws supercede Roberts Rules
- Order of Business is determined by President and Chairs with respect to authority of each committee.
- Chairs are nominated by the other Chairs. Only Chairs can nominate other chairs for committees.
- Chairs are responsible for accepting committee members.
- Chair's after meeting with their committee will bring doings of business to the floor. Board either votes on the entire motion or sends it back to the committee. It is not the job of the board to "line item veto" Chairs motions. We can vote to send it back to the committee for review or to accept or reject as a whole.
- Once we are to order of business each Chair has an opportunity to state opinion, make a motion.
- President must recognize motion.
- President Restates Motion
- Open for Debate
- Each member of the board states argument or declines
- Vote is taken
- A motion to table can be made once during the session but must follow 1-4 in order to table.
- Chairs can ask for "judgement" called "out of order" when they believe another chair has redirected, began frivolous discussion, speaking out of turn, asked questions which are not relevant at which time president must immediately pass judgment on call of "out of order"
- President may speak for instructional purposes during debate but not to participate in the debate except for through the Vice President or the Secretary (designated voice.)
- At the end of the debate all members of board, including President, may vote, or abstain. Secretary records vote. President moves to next Order of Business.
- If order of business is not addressed, then it becomes 1st order of business for the next Board Meeting. We cannot skip or table "Order of Business" matters in favor of moving onto the next item, must be voted on and then can move forward
- 501(c) 6 , benefits for the Board and inurements.
V. Order of Business (In the future all of these items need to be voted upon)
VI. Other Potential UMHCA Issues
Governing Board Report & Votes - Julie Tucker
Change in Bylaws
- PAPP changed to PPAC
Submission of Nominations for PPAC
- Professional Partership & Associations Committee (PPAC); PPAC is tasked with maintaining professional associations with all licensed Clinical Mental Health Professionals as defined by Utah code which includes the LMFT, LCSW, CMHC, Psychologists, Psychiatrist, Doctors, Nurses Practitioners and any other helping profession or entity which may affect and are necessary in the administration of medication management of mental health clients. PAPP is charges with assisting any of the other helping professionals in causes which affect any mental health professional license as well as the Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselors. It is the stance of UMHCA that all mental health and helping professionals need to unite together to be able to pursue a stronger therapeutic community and voice in the legislature, the house, the legal community and the medical community. PAPP will be chaired by one of the helping professions outside of Clinical Mental Health Counselor licensure to ensure UMHCA is aware of therapeutic issues, DOPL Rules, legislative Code, or any other issues that may concern helping professions. PAPP is charge to help facilitate the voice of the Clinical Mental Health Professional with any governmental or legal entity. PAPP will help UMHCA achieve additional membership through the pursuit of Clinical Mental Health Professionals as defined by the Utah Rule of Clinical Mental Health Professionals R156-60, and encourage all CMHP to join the membership of UMHCA and ensure the voice of the Clinical Mental Health Professional. PAPP will pursue professional partnerships in the community, with health care providers, insurance companies, legal professionals, government entity, to help all communities see the value of a unified Clinical Mental Health Professional community.
- Jason Wagner, Treasurer Report on Income and Expenses
- Budgets for Year End Needed by June meeting
- Volunteer Update
- Set time for Training
- Legislative & Public Policy Committee. (LPPC)
- Scott Carter
- Education, Conference, & Graduate Student Committee(ECGS)
- Ellen Behrens
Public Relations, Marketing & Membership Committee (PRMM)
- Jim Macedone to report on training and updates on Website.
Executive Committee (EXEC)
- Uma Dorn items needed to be addressed by UMHCA
Paul Callister – Trish Barrus on Insurance Panels
Paul Callister - Discussion of cords
Any other issues not on the list