Utah Mental Health Counselors Association
August 14, 2021
Board Meeting Minutes
Start: 9:09 am
End: 10:05 am
MEETING HELD BY WEBINAR DUE TO COVID-19
I. Call to Order by Secretary
II. Welcome to ALL in attendance By Secretary
1. Welcome to those in attendance through Webinar.
2. Recognition of ALL Governing Officers; PRESENT are underlined.
Anna Lieber, LCMHC, President
Julie Tucker, LCMHC, Immediate Past-President
Ellen Behrens, LP, LCMHC, Ph.D., Vice President
Anne Farley, ACMHC, Secretary
Terri Goldstein, LCMHC, Treasurer
Gray Otis, LCMHC, Presidential Advisor
3. Board members PRESENT are underlined
i. Jordan Briggs, LCMHC, LPPC Chair
ii. Anne Farley, ACMHC, Secretary
iii. Terri Goldstein, LCMHC, Treasurer
iv. Anna Lieber, CMHC, President
v. Gray Otis, LCMHC, Presidential Advisor
vi. Karen Tao, EEAC Chair
viii. Julie Tucker, LCMHC, Immediate Past President
ix. Sandi Williams, LMFT, PPAC Chair
d. Jim Macedone, ACMHC, Executive Director
List of Voting Members who are Absent
III. Secretary - Call to Ratify Minutes
1. Call for motion to ratify meeting Minutes from July 2021, Motion passed.
2. Meeting Called to Order
IV. Special Announcements by the President:
1. Anna had a meeting with UMAFT and others, we are all interested in and exploring a joint conference in May 2023. We are looking at every three of five years to continue having a conference.
2. AMHCA has officially recognized UMHCA as a recognized charter until July 1, 2022
V. Committee Updates & Votes
1. Executive Committee (EXEC)
2. Legislative & Public Policy Committee. (LPPC)
3 Education & Conference Committee (EACC)
4. Professional Partnership & Associate Partnership Committee (PPAC)
5. Public Relations, Marketing & Membership Committee (PRMM)
6. General Board & Advisory Board Committee (GBAB) - HOLD
7. Graduate Student & Emerging Professionals Committee (GSEP)
8. Business of Governing Officers
1. President - Friday at 2pm the Florida Clinical Mental Health chapter will be presenting on how to grow your organization on the AMHCA website. Anna mentioned that Colorado is looking to start an AMHCA chapter and will be looking to work to support them as they start to get organized. Gray mentioned multiple states are starting to organize for chapters.
2. Presidential Advisor Report: Gray discussed presenting the Essentials of Clinical Mental Health and Anna suggested a topic of digging deeper into developing CMHC's professional identity. Gray discussed meeting with former senator Dr. Shiozawa who provided information on how to push the Counseling Compact further, suggested contacting Senator Bramble and others. Gray discussed working with the Presidents of different mental health organizations to work towards getting sponsors and co-sponsors.
3. Vice President: None
4. Secretary: Board of Directors Manual will be sent on 8/14/2021 to the Executive Committee for review.
5. Treasurer Report:
a. Zions Bank Accounts:
1. Checking: $18,614
2. Money Market: $1624
3. PayPal: $160
4. Total: $20,398
b. Statement of Activity (Money In/Money Out) – For the month of July we had 66.00 of revenue and we spent 1220.76. Terri discussed the possibility of providing a quarterly budget report.
c. Budget – We are implementing a budget process that will be presented during the Strategic Planning meeting.
6. Executive Director: Jim presented information on dues around the country, as well as how to choose the right membership for new members. Board discussed that the map that shows membership dues around the US may not be as helpful to individuals . Gray suggested looking into reaching out to Utah State University.
VII. Other Issues
1. Open to floor for discussion: Board welcomes Kristal from Rocky Mountain University and Heather Stephenson for participating in the Board Meeting today. Heather discussed the need for the Counseling Compact and the benefit to those we serve.
2. Any issues not already discussed above: None
VIII. Secretary to Close the meeting: 10:05 am.
Utah Mental Health Counselors Association is Utah's hub for enhancing the profession of mental health counselors. UMHCA is a 501(c)6 organization.© 2020 UHMCA • Policies • Privacy • Site Map