Utah Mental Health Counselors Association
September 12, 2020
Start: 9:05 am
MEETING HELD BY WEBINAR DUE TO COVID-19
I. Call to Order by Secretary.
II. Welcome to ALL in attendance By Secretary
1. Welcome to those in attendance through Webinar.
2. Recognition of ALL Board members in attendance
· Julie Tucker, LCMHC, President
· Terri Goldstein, ACMHC, Secretary
· Dennis Tucker, LCSW, Vice President
Board Members PRESENT are underlined+ These should be in alphabetical order
1. Ellen Behrens, Ph.D., EACC Chair
2. Jordan Briggs, ACMHC, LPPC Chair
3. Carrie Graham, ACMHC, EACC Dual Chair
4. Anna Lieber, President-Elect, Graduate Student Chair
5. Terri Goldstein, ACHMC, EXEC Chair
6. Gray Otis, LCMHC, Presidential Advisor
7. Bryce Poorman, ACMHC, Treasurer
8. Dennis Tucker, LCSW, Vice President
9. Julie Tucker, LCMHC, President, PRMM Chair
10. Sandi Williams, LMFT, PPAC Chair
List of Voting Members who are Absent
III. Secretary - Call to Ratify Minutes
1. Secretary to call for motion to ratify meeting Minutes from August 2020 – of UMHCA, Anna Lieber has seconded it, and the motion carries.
2. Secretary to give the floor to the President Elect.
3. Meeting Called to Order
IV. Special Announcements by the President
1. At the conclusion of this meeting there will be a 20-minute break and then Anna will send an email that has a link to Zoom for the Strategic Planning Meeting. Anna gives the floor back to Terri.
V. Committee Updates & Votes
1. Executive Committee (EXEC)
2. Legislative & Public Policy Committee. (LPPC)
3 Education & Conference Committee (EACC) Update of progress in board
4. Public Relations, Marketing & Membership Committee (PRMM)
5. Professional Partnership & Associate Partnership Committee (PPAC)
1. New Projects: None.
2. Update of Progress:
1. Sandi is excited to get an introduction to the leaders of U of U, who recently got a large sum of money to start a new behavioral hospital. The head of UNI knows nothing about UMHCA and is interested in a possible partnership; do we have a partnership option? Where they could put their logo on their website or participate in a conference to give them time to share what they are doing. I know they could be a vendor. The director of UNI wants to know what the outside view of UNI is from organizations like UMHCA. Julie wants to know when they are planning on meeting. Sandi stated she is delaying meeting until she reached out in the meeting today, but within the next few weeks. The education committee as far as what UMHCA wants to do for sponsorship and the other is to the PRMM Committee, and would we have time in two weeks to get Sandi information? Jim responds yes. Ellen…EACC and the question is do we have time in the next few weeks so prepare information for Sandi’s meeting . Ellen is aware that the EACC Committee is overworked and suggests that maybe this conversation could be woven into the strategic planning meeting later today. Terri shares that this is topic is part of the strategic planning meeting. Julie shares that we will have information for Sandi after the strategic planning meeting. Sandi will be unable to attend, so please update on her what is decided. Gray proposes that Ellen give us an update on the NASW collaboration.
3. Items for vote: None
4. Budget Changes: None
5. Suggestions from Board: None.
6. General Board & Advisory Board Committee (GBAB) - HOLD
7. Graduate Student & Emerging Professionals Committee (GSEP)
1. New Projects: None
1. Anna reports no change from last meeting, we are still working on the student specific series, around the end of September, beginning of October on supervision , then move forward with schools and online schools..
3. Items for vote: Anna motions that Carrie Graham becomes the GSEP Chair, so that Anna can focus on Presidential duties. Jim Macedone seconds, the motion approved. Effective September 12, 2020, Caroline Graham will be the new chair of the GSEP Committee. Vote was called for, Motion passed, and Anna asked if any discussion is needed, no discussion needed.
8. Business of Governing Officers
1. President - Julie thanks everyone for the meal that was sent to them and gave update on the health of her family. She is appreciative of all the support.
2. President-elect – Anna gives a reminder that we will be getting an email with a link to the Zoom meeting for the Strategic Planning Meeting.
3. Vice President - Julie states that Dennis will attend the Strategic Planning Meeting, apologies for not being at this meeting.
4. Secretary – Terri encourages everyone to fill in the agenda before the meeting, reminder around where documents are needed so that every email has their own drive, if questions, reach out to Jim, Anna, Terri, or Anne so that you know where your documents are.
5. Treasurer Report: We paid one year worth of rent for August’s expenses.
1. Zion's checking: 14514.82
2. Zion's money market: 1623.59
3. Zion's PayPal: 1512.39
4. August’s Revenue: 4130.90
5. August’s Expense: 6219.75
6. August Net: -2088.85
VII. Other Issues
1. Open to floor for discussion
2. Any issues not already discussed above
Anna makes a motion to close the meeting, Jordan seconds it, Anna acknowledges Sara Jensen and Sarah Snedaker. Meeting is officially closed at 10:07
VIII. Secretary to Close the meeting: 10:07
Utah Mental Health Counselors Association is Utah's hub for enhancing the profession of mental health counselors. UMHCA is a 501(c)6 organization.© 2020 UHMCA • Policies • Privacy • Site Map