Utah Mental Health Counselors Association
October 10, 2020
Start: 9:02 am
End: 10:13 am
MEETING HELD BY WEBINAR DUE TO COVID-19
I. Call to Order by Secretary
II. Welcome to ALL in attendance By Secretary
1. Welcome to those in attendance through Webinar.
2. Recognition of ALL Board members in attendance
· Julie Tucker, LCMHC, President
· Dennis Tucker, LCSW, Vice President
· Terri Goldstein, ACMHC, Secretary
Board Members PRESENT are underlined+ These should be in alphabetical order
1. Ellen Behrens, Ph.D., EACC Chair
2. Jordan Briggs, ACMHC, LPPC Chair
3. Carrie Graham, ACMHC, EACC Dual Chair
4. Anna Lieber, President-Elect, Graduate Student Chair
5. Terri Goldstein, ACHMC, EXEC Chair
6. Gray Otis, LCMHC, Presidential Advisor
7. Bryce Poorman, ACMHC, Treasurer
8. Dennis Tucker, LCSW, Vice President
9. Julie Tucker, LCMHC, President, PRMM Chair
10. Sandi Williams, LMFT, PPAC Chair
List of Voting Members who are Absent
III. Secretary - Call to Ratify Minutes
1. Secretary to call for motion to ratify meeting Minutes from September 12, 2020 – Motion passed.
2. Secretary to give the floor to the President.
3. Meeting Called to Order
IV. Special Announcements by the President
V. Committee Updates & Votes
1. Executive Committee (EXEC) – Meeting not held for September
2. Legislative & Public Policy Committee. (LPPC) – Meeting not held for September
3 Education & Conference Committee (EACC) Update of progress in board – Meeting cancelled for October.
5. Professional Partnership & Associate Partnership Committee (PPAC)
1. New Projects: None
2. Update of Progress:
1. UMHCA/NASW Supervisor Training - Defer to Ellen Ellen states a full group of volunteers, who will be the trainers using the outline the joint committee has created, will meet in the month of October to hammer out details of recordings, logistics, and funding, etc. Gray states the project is moving along and acknowledges Ellen’s role in moving it forward.
2. UNI Sandi is in contact with the administrator of UNI, she hasn’t received emails with information around what is wanted to partner up, and that she is open to receiving emails if anyone would like to add to this. Sandi reports they just hired their first LMFT at UNI, so it’s progress towards moving in that direction for CMHC’s.
3. Items for vote: None
4. Budget Changes: None
5. Suggestions from Board: None.
6. General Board & Advisory Board Committee (GBAB) - HOLD
7. Graduate Student & Emerging Professionals Committee (GSEP)
1. Free training for students and emerging professionals on October 30, 2020: Getting the Most Out of Clinical Supervision with Marie Jackson, LCSW. Invitations sent out to directors of counseling and related programs throughout the state. We are mainly planning for this training. Jim asks if UMHCA is offering CE’s? Carries states they are not offering CE’s, it is focused on students. Jim proposes to record it and add it to the training site. Carrie states that would be a great idea. Anna adds that 15 attendees are currently registered.
5. Suggestions from Board: None
8. Business of Governing Officers
1. President - We did not meet last month, but
2. President-elect – None
3. Vice President - None
4. Secretary – None
5. Presidential Advisor’s Report:
6. Treasurer Report:
1. Zion's checking: $15,099.84
2. Zion's money market: $1,623.62
3. Zion's PayPal: $1,503.04
4. Total: $18,226.50
VII. Other Issues
1. Open to floor for discussion Bryce acknowledged the work Carrie did in adding to the increase in the revenue. Ellen states it is probably not sustainable, and we need an Executive Director. She hopes the Executive Committee will move quickly to implement this position. Ellen wonders if there is a way for the Executive Committee to pay Carrie for her work retroactively. Julie states she needs to submit a timecard to the Executive Committee board. The EACC requests the Executive Committee to pay both Carrie and Jim Jim for the work they did. Julie states that paying them is the way to make this sustainable. Julie states she doesn’t want to do this every time, and it isn’t our policy, but that she will agree to paying Carrie and Jim.
2. Any issues not already discussed above
VIII. Secretary to Close the meeting:
Anna proposes a motion to end the meeting, Jordan seconds it. Julie called for the vote, motion carried, the meeting is closed.
Utah Mental Health Counselors Association is Utah's hub for enhancing the profession of mental health counselors. UMHCA is a 501(c)6 organization.© 2020 UHMCA • Policies • Privacy • Site Map